Give-and-go with: Saylon
Saylon (14) has been taking part in our soccer school‘s training and matches for years. It’s time to get to know him better through a little give-and-go with pressing questions and dilemmas.
- Hi Saylon, can you briefly introduce yourself?
My name is Saylon, I am 14 years old and my favorite sport is soccer. I practice it almost daily, and twice a week at Local Dreamers.
- When did you start playing football?
I’ve been playing football since I was very little, actually as long as I can remember.
- When did you come to Local Dreamers?
When I was 11 years old, so now almost 3 years.
- What is your favorite positive?
I prefer to play as an attacker on the wings.
- What is your favorite club in Ecuador?
Liga de Quito.
- What is your favorite foreign club?
FC Barcelona from Spain, not to be confused with Barcelona SC, the rival of Liga de Quito.
- Who is your favorite player?
That’s of course Lionel Messi.
- What is your most beautiful memory about soccer?
Simply the beautiful moments with my teammates in the field: fantastic goals with a header, with the heel, or after a trick.
- What is your biggest dream?
I would love to become a professional footballer, and that my parents would be able to watch me proudly in a stadium.
- Goal or assist?
Goal of course!
- Nike or Adidas?
- Champions League or Copa Libertadores?
- Antonio Valencia played for Manchester United together with 6 Dutch players in total. Do you know who they are?
Good question… I think at least the keeper: Edwin van der Sar – correct!
- In 2014, Ecuador played the Netherlands in Amsterdam. Do you know the result?
A 1-1 draw. – correct!